Cinnamon gives this chicken dish a sweet, nutty flavor. Combined with thyme, it makes for a healthy, herb-friendly entrée filled with:
- Antioxidants to protect healthy cells from damage (cinnamon, thyme)
- Iron to provide us with energy (chicken, parsley, thyme)
- Infection fighters to keep us healthy (cinnamon has antiseptic properties; cinnamon and thyme have antibacterial properties)
- Inflammation fighters to quiet the inflammation associated with conditions such as arthritis, asthma and heart disease (cinnamon)
- Blood-sugar busters to lower glucose, important if you have diabetes
- Vitamin C to fight off colds by boosting the immune system (parsley and thyme)
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce or Bragg® Liquid Aminos (protein concentrate)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon thyme
1/4 cup white wine
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- Rub chicken with garlic.
- Brush chicken with Bragg Liquid Amino or reduced-sodium soy sauce and olive oil.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and thyme. Bake in 375-degree oven 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture of white wine, honey and parsley over chicken. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes. Juices should run clear when done.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Makes 8 servings
Protein: 36 g
Total fat: 16.5 g
Saturated fat: 3.6 g
Cholesterol: 102 mg
Total carbohydrate: 1.4 g