A colorful side to brighten any meal
This colorful and healthy side dish will brighten any meal. Garlic is a super veggie that helps reduce risks for cancers of the colon, stomach, esophagus, pancreas and breast. Tomatoes and zucchini are packed with vitamins and minerals. Plus, you can puree any leftovers for a yummy salsa dip!
2 zucchini cut in half lengthwise, then cut into ½-inch, half-moon shapes
2 cups quartered ripe tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
½ sweet onion, minced (or red onion to add color)
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly oil a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2. Combine the zucchini, tomatoes, onion, garlic and red pepper flakes in the prepared baking dish.
3. Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
4. In a separate small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and fresh basil. Set aside.
5. Roast vegetables until tender or slightly golden, about 18 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with the Parmesan mixture. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 4 servings (serving size is 1 cup)
Total fat: 16.8 g
Saturated fat: 3.7 g
Fiber 2.4 g
Protein: 5.9 g
Sodium: 262 mg
Calcium: 180 mg
Magnesium: 40 mg
Potassium: 440 mg
Avatars by Sterling Adventures