If you want the benefits of oatmeal but think it takes too long to make in the morning, think again. This oatmeal recipe is hearty and fiber-rich, with pumpkin spice, fruit and nuts for sweetness and crunch, and it’s ready in two minutes! Make it in the microwave — what could be easier? It’ll keep you going all morning long!
- ¼ cup oatmeal (old-fashioned, not instant)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1 cup fat free milk (can also substitute almond, rice or soy milk)
- 2 tablespoons nuts (no salt)
- ½ cup cut up fresh or frozen (thawed) fruit
- 1 tablespoon all bran cereal
- In a 4-cup microwaveable bowl, combine oatmeal, flax, spice, and milk.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high setting.
- While oatmeal is cooking, measure out nuts, fruit and bran cereal into a serving bowl.
- Pour cooked oatmeal mixture into the serving bowl and enjoy.
Makes 1 serving
Fat: 1.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Sodium: 140 mg
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 45 grams
Sugars: 19 grams
Dietary fiber: 9 grams