Register for Online Chat
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
Do you have a question about valve disease? Cardiologist James Thomas, MD, and cardiac surgeon Edward Soltesz, MD, from the Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute will answer your questions about this medical condition.
Valve Disease Live Web Chat on July 18
Live Web Chat: noon to 1 p.m. (ET) on July 18, 2012.
James Thomas, MD
- Robert and Suzanne Tomsich Department of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute
Eric Roselli, MD
- Cardiac Surgeon
- Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Sydell & Arnold Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute
Heart valve disease occurs when one or more of the heart valves do not work correctly because of valvular stenosis or valvular insufficiency. These conditions cause the heart to pump harder to circulate the right amount of blood through the body.
Left untreated, heart valve disease can reduce a person’s quality of life and become life-threatening. In many cases, valves can be surgically repaired or replaced, restoring normal function and allowing the person to return to normal activities.
Questions you may have for Dr. Thomas and Dr. Soltesz for this webchat might include:
- Are there symptoms of valve disease I can feel?
- How can my doctor tell that I have valve disease?
- Can valve disease be treated without surgery?
- How much do I have to change my lifestyle with valve disease?
- Is there anything I can do to prevent valve disease?
Dr. James Thomas is a staff cardiologist in the Robert and Suzanne Tomsich Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at the Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute at Cleveland Clinic.
Dr. Edward Soltesz is a Surgeon in the Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic.
This Health Chat will open on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 to allow you to submit questions. We will try to answer as many questions as possible during the chat. Please create an account to attend the chat and submit your questions.