Here’s a hearty dish for cool weather that’s easy to put together. The extra lean turkey breast provides protein. The mushrooms, onions and peas add vitamins and minerals. The whole-wheat noodles provide fiber. Guaranteed to please the family!
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
4 cups cooked 100% whole wheat, extra-wide noodles
8 ounces ground white meat turkey breast, extra lean and skinless
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
½ cup diced onions
2 packets mushroom gravy mix
½ cup light sour cream1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and follow cooking directions. When fully cooked, drain pasta.
2. In a large non-stick pan or a pan coated with non-stick cooking spray, sauté the ground turkey breast, mushrooms and onions. Cook thoroughly over medium heat. Drain any liquid remaining.
3. Microwave peas or steam them on stove.
4. In a saucepan, cook mushroom mix as directed. Whisk in light sour cream when finished to avoid curdling.
5. In a serving bowl, combine drained noodles, ground turkey mixture and thawed peas. Pour mushroom and sour cream mix over noodles, and mix gently. Serve with a side dish of steamed vegetables or a tossed salad.
Makes 4 servings
Per serving (1½ cups)
Carbohydrate: 44 g
Protein: 21 g
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 34 mg
Sodium: 641 mg
Potassium: 179 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 5 g