Looking for a healthy alternative to processed nuggets? You’ve found it. These crispy, homemade nuggets are a simple way to sneak in those extra veggies at any meal and a perfect finger food the whole family will love.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1 head of cauliflower (about 6 cups)
4 cups broccoli florets
1 cup shredded carrots
2 cups part skim mozzarella cheese
½ cup skim milk
1 ½ cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a food processor, chop broccoli, cauliflower and carrots until fine. Mix vegetables together.
- Add the milk and mozzarella cheese until thoroughly mixed.
- Spray a cookie sheet generously with cooking spray.
- With your hands shape mixture into a nugget form.
- Dip each nugget into bread crumbs and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning each nugget half way through.
Enjoy with dipping sauce of choice.
Makes 12 servings
Serving Size: 3 nuggets
Fat: 4.4 g
Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
Protein: 7.4 g
Carbohydrates: 8.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g
Sugar: 1.2 g
Cholesterol: 13.5 mg
Sodium: 207 mg
Potassium: 303 mg
Recipe provided by Cleveland Clinic Children’s dietitians.