Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
There are some simple ways you can safeguard your skin, including:
- Run the water warm. Avoiding hot water keeps skin from getting dry.
- Keep your shower time short. Limit to 5 – 10 minutes.
- Use gentle soap. Try a formula for sensitive skin or a moisturizing cleanser.
- Don’t apply soap everywhere. Only certain areas of the body really need soap, such as arm pits, groin, feet, hands and face. Water should work for the rest.
- Apply moisturizer. After cleansing, applying lotion to your skin right after you towel off helps keep your skin healthy. Experts recommend products that contains ceramide.
Watch this video to learn more winter showering tips.