This easy, quick recipe will make healthy snacking a breeze. You can substitute walnuts for other nuts and experiment with other spices too.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1 cup toasted walnuts
1 ½ cup gold or red raisins
5 each brown rice cakes
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 tablespoons orange juice
- Place walnuts in food processor and pulse until fine.
- Add raisins and pulse until mixture becomes sticky.
- Add rice cakes and pulse until fine and mixture is loose.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla, orange juice and process until gummy/sticky.
- Place in a 8” x 8” glass baking dish, spreading evenly across the pan, cover with plastic wrap and press into the bottom of the pan with a flat bottomed object to evenly
distribute the mixture.
- Remove plastic wrap, cut into 12 portions.
*Chef’s note: For a firmer/crisper texture, place bars on a baking sheet and place in 250 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until desired firmness/crispness is achieved.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Saturated Fat: 0g
Source: Lifestyle 180, Cleveland Clinic Wellness