When it comes to keeping our hearts healthy, America has a knowledge gap. That’s what a new nationwide survey by Cleveland Clinic reveals. Heart disease is the number one cause of death worldwide. And studies show it’s largely preventable when you know your risk factors and keep them in check.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
Join us during American Heart Month as we reveal ideal heart health numbers, healthy living habits, recipes and more. And get tips on heart-healthy living from our experts.
- Is Your LDL Cholesterol as Low as It Should Be? (Infographic)
- 10 Tips for Lowering Your Cholesterol
- Do Your Cholesterol Numbers Really Matter?
- From Fiber to Fish Oil: Natural Ways to Lower Your Cholesterol
- How 2 Drugs Lower Cholesterol Remarkably — and Reverse Heart Disease
- HDL Cholesterol vs. LDL Cholesterol
- Cholesterol: The Good, Bad and Ugly (Video)
- Should Your Child Be Screened for High Cholesterol?
- Is Your Blood Pressure Too High for a Healthy Heart? (Infographic)
- How You Can Lower Your High Blood Pressure — Naturally
- Busting 6 Myths About Blood Pressure and Heart Rate
- 3 Natural Ways to Control Your High Blood Pressure
- How High Is Too High for Your Blood Pressure?
- 6 Reasons Why Your Blood Pressure Meds Aren’t Working
Body Mass Index & Weight Circumference
- Does Your Waist Circumference Put Your Heart at Risk? (Infographic)
- Do You Know Your Ideal Cardiovascular Weight?
- What Is the Optimal Size for Your Waistline?
Fasting Glucose & Diabetes
- Does Your Fasting Glucose Put You at Risk for Heart Disease? (Infographic)
- Prediabetes: Your Wake-up Call
- Low Blood Sugar? 8 Warning Signs if You Have Diabetes
Heart Healthy Recipes
- Recipe: Steel Cut Oats With Fruit (Video)
- Recipe: Easy Chicken Ratatouille
- Recipe: Green Grape Smoothie