Recipe: Classic Shrimp Remoulade
You’ll love this pantry-friendly and impressive version of the classic French sauce. Serve on a bed of lettuce for a light lunch or fabulous first course.
- 1 pound medium peeled shrimp, seasoned and cooked
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole or grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash hot sauce
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place shrimp in bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and toss with shrimp. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutritional information per serving
Makes eight 1/4-cup servings
Calories from fat 22 percent
Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fiber 0g
Diabetic exchanges: 2 very lean meat
Recipe courtesy of Speaking of Women’s Health