Welcome to Cleveland Clinic’s Health Essentials web blog, a vibrant health and medical news site. Here are nine reasons you won’t think of it as a “corporate blog”:
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
- Health Essential is the no. 1 most visited hospital blog in the country — growing to more than 3.5 million monthly visits since launching in 2012.
- The blog features 3-5 new stories every weekday. This includes posts from 40 Cleveland Clinic doctors, nutritionists and experts.
- All Health Essentials content is written or approved by a physician or expert, building readers’ trust.
- We have created nearly 4,000 blog posts focused on meeting our readers’ needs, not talking up our strengths.
- We help people stay well, prevent illness, eat right and exercise. Our stories address everything from headaches and bunions to cancer and surgery.
- Stories appeal to readers’ curiosity: What does the color of your pee mean? What is your bladder telling you about your health?
- Our experts interpret breaking medical news, offering insight about what new research really means for patients.
- We use interesting, varied formats to tell stories, including infographics, videos, slideshows, galleries, recipes and “listicles.”
- Health Essentials is the heart of our social media strategy, driving more than one-third of traffic to the blog. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, StumbleUpon, and our syndication partners all drive traffic.