Coins and button batteries are more dangerous to young children than you may think. Our pediatrician explains a new study showing the number of kids swallowing these items is on the rise.
Infants and young children will eat the strangest things. Serve them a nutritious meal, and they’ll fight you. They’ll be happy to indulge, however, on a shiny coin, small battery or colorful toy. Find a list of commonly ingested objects, as well as advice for parents on what to do.
Parents know toys with small parts can be a choking hazard for young children. But with today’s technology comes a new danger: button-size batteries powering toys and electronics. These are linked to dangerous ingestions: Hearing aids (top the list) Games and toys Flashlights Watches Laser pointers Growing problem According to a recent study by the National Battery … Read More