What to Do If Your Child Eats Toys, Magnets or Batteries

Infants and young children will eat the strangest things. Serve them a nutritious meal, and they’ll fight you. They’ll be happy to indulge, however, on a shiny coin, small battery or colorful toy. Find a list of commonly ingested objects, as well as advice for parents on what to do.

Dangerous Magnet Ingestion

High-powered “rare earth” magnets are colorful, fun-to-fiddle-with desk toys for adults. They may also be found in jewelry and in children’s toys from several years ago. But they’re also highly dangerous when in the wrong hands — or mouths. Magnet ingestion rates in children have been on the rise due to the growing popularity of … Read More