If you’re gonna blend up a Bloody Mary, why not sneak in some omega-3 fatty acids to boost the nutrients? The secret ingredient: kale. This leafy green is an excellent natural source of omega-3 fatty acids, which aids memory and protects your heart and joints.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
That said, drink the alcohol in moderation so you don’t cancel out all the health benefits of the veggies in this delicious, tomato-y, slightly spicy drink.
- 1 tbsp. kale (or to taste)
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 1/2 oz. vodka
- 4 oz. tomato juice
- 1 celery stick for garnish
- Purée kale using a blender or food processor, then grate ginger into a bowl.
- Combine puréed kale, ginger, ground pepper and turmeric in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add vodka and tomato juice, and shake.
- Strain over glass filled with ice. Garnish with celery.
Serving size = 1 cocktail