Need a quick meal for two that’s also low-fat and healthy? These delicious fillets are thin and flaky — and they cook up in five minutes.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
- 2 four-ounce frozen or fresh tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix labeled “less or lower sodium”
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (or use a cole slaw mix — cabbage and carrots without any sauce — that can be found in the bagged salad section of the grocery store)
- ¼ cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 six-inch low-carb whole grain tortillas
- Place the fillets in a non-stick pan, sprinkle with seasoning and add the water.
- Cover the pan and cook on medium-high heat for five minutes or until fish is cooked thoroughly.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for one minute.
- Flake the fillets.
- On each tortilla, spoon two ounces of the fish, ¼ cup shredded cabbage and one tablespoon shredded cheese. Top with extra salsa as desired.
Makes 2 servings
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 70 g
Sodium: 660 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 38 g
Dietary Fiber: 22 g
Sugars: 3 g
Protein: 41 g
5 Vitamins You Might Be Missing