This is the perfect treat for when you’re craving chocolate! Made with heart-healthy and mood-boosting dark chocolate, and potassium and vitamin B6-rich bananas, these frozen bites will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you feeling good.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
3 ounces dark chocolate, 70% cocoa or greater
1/2 teaspoon instant espresso
- Slice banana into 16 quarter-inch slices.
- Skewer each slice with two prong skewers and place on wax paper; freeze for one hour.
- Create double boiler by placing metal bowl over saucepan with one inch of simmering water. Add chocolate, espresso coffee and stir continually until 3/4 melted.
- Remove bowl from heat and continue stirring until completely melted.
- Take banana slices from freezer and dip in chocolate until completely coated, allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place on wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 8 servings. Serving = 2 slices
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Sodium: 0 mg
Carbohydrate: 8 g
Protein: 1 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 5 g