This moist and delicious zucchini bread is full of sweet spices. It’s easy to make, easy to serve, and easy to freeze. Kids and adults love it too. And it is practically fat-free!
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
¾ cup white sugar
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water
2 cups grated zucchini
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard glass bread baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together ground flaxseed and water in a large bowl. Allow to sit 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in a separate bowl. Set side.
- To flaxseed mixture, add the sugar and applesauce; beat for one minute. Stir in grated zucchini. Add dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan, then turn out on cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Makes 16 servings
Nutrition information per serving:
Total fat: 0.5 g
Saturated fat: 0 g
Fiber: 2 g
Recipe provided by Cleveland Clinic pediatric dietitians