Here’s another tasty, yet easy salad that doesn’t require dressing because it is already moist and bursting with flavor in its own right. Bulgur is a great source of fiber.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
- 3 cups romaine
- ½ cup cooked bulgur
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup garbanzo beans, cooked (canned okay, but rinse and drain)
- ½ cup canned mandarin oranges, canned in juice,
- 6 to 8 large strawberries, sliced (about ¼ pound), or about 1 cup of frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or walnut pieces
- Wash, dry and chop lettuce; place in a salad bowl or on a salad plate.
- Top with bulgur, onion and garbanzo beans.
- Arrange mandarin orange slices and sliced strawberries on top; sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories: 425 (26 percent of calories as fat)
Fat: 12.8 g
Saturated fat: 1.3 g
Protein: 17 g
Carbohydrates: 67 g
Fiber: 16.8 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Potassium: 1054 mg
Sodium: 26 mg
Omega 3 fatty acids: 1.6 g
Source: Recipe developed and copyrighted by Kristine Napier, MPH, RD, LD. Reprinted with permission from Nutrio.com