This simple and delicious recipe for oven-roasted asparagus is the perfect addition to your favorite meal. Oven-roasting is an easy way to add a new spin on any veggie. Tip: when roasting, the thicker the asparagus the better — thin asparagus may be tough and stringy.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Place asparagus in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over asparagus, toss to coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until asparagus spears are caramelized and slightly crispy.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Total fat: 2 g
Saturated fat: 0 g
Trans fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 290 mg
Total carbohydrate: 5 g
Dietary fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 3 g