Stir up a simple salad for a light summer side dish! Cucumbers are more than 90% water, making them an ultimate superfood for beauty. Cucumbers are abundant in silica, too, a trace mineral that may actually increase skin elasticity and help keep you looking young.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 bunch chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Add cucumbers, chives and sesame seeds.
- Mix well and serve.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 2 servings
Total fat: 4.5 g
Saturated fat: .5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 105 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Carbohydrate: 12 g
Sugar: 8 g
Protein: 4 g