Brussels sprouts are a cruciferous vegetable, making them a good source of phytonutrients, as well as fiber and vitamin C. Apple and balsamic vinegar lend a tasty twist to this enticing recipe, with a bit of ham for an added burst of flavor.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
- 1 ounce low-sodium ham, chopped
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Mix together all ingredients except the vinegar.
- Spread on baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Toss with vinegar and serve.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 2 servings
Total fat: 2.5 g
Saturated fat: 0 g
Trans fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 190 mg
Total carbohydrate: 25 g
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 14 g
Protein: 7 g
— Recipe provided by Digestive Disease Health Team dietitians.