Whip up these protein- and nutrient-rich meatballs and serve over grain-free pasta with marinara sauce. Add a mixed green salad and you’ve got an easy, filling meal to add to your at-home menu.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1/4 cup black chia seeds
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 pound ground turkey breast (all white meat)
3/4 cup whole wheat panko
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons basil-infused extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 medium-size shallot, chopped
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the chia seeds and chicken stock in a large bowl; set aside and allow the chia seeds to swell for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well, using your hands. Scoop or roll the meat mixture into meatballs about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place the meatballs in a shallow baking pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 4 servings
Total fat: 18.3g
Saturated fat: 3.2g
Trans fat: .02g
Total Carbohydrate: 21.5g
Contributors: Digestive Disease Health Team Dietitians.