Recipe: Chicken and Broccoli Slaw Wrap
This wrap helps you cut back on processed meats by using fresh poultry. It’s also big on flavor using slaw to top it off!
Fresh meats, fish/seafood and poultry aren’t just more delicious, they’re much healthier than processed meats. When you make sandwiches or wraps, try to minimize processed products like deli/luncheon meats, sausages, bacon and smoked meats.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
This chicken and broccoli slaw wrap is big on flavor — and on fresh, nutritious ingredients.
3 cups broccoli slaw
½ carrot, shredded
¼ cup light mayonnaise
1 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
½ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
18 ounces meat from a rotisserie chicken
6 whole wheat tortillas
30 leaves of baby spinach
1. Mix broccoli slaw and carrots together in large bowl.
2. Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, sugar and pepper in a separate medium bowl.
3. Pour this mixture over the broccoli slaw and carrots and toss to coat thoroughly.
4. Refrigerate until you are ready to make your flatbread fold.
5. Add ½ cup of the broccoli slaw mixture to center of the flatbread when ready.
6. Top with 3 ounces of rotisserie chicken and finish by adding baby spinach leaves.
Makes 6 servings
Total fat: 10.5 g
Saturated fat: 1.3 g
Fiber: 6.3 g
Sugar: 0.5 g
Protein: 25 g
Sodium: 596 mg
Calcium: 7.7 mg
Magnesium: 15.7 mg
Potassium: 616.7 mg