This chocolate bark recipe offers heart-healthy dark chocolate with toasted walnuts, pecans and almonds — and no added sugar. Each serving contains only 70 calories.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
10 ounces dark chocolate (70% cocoa bittersweet chocolate)
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
1/2 cup almond slices, toasted
- Combine chocolate and espresso and place over a double boiler.
- Heat on a low flame and stir until chocolate is about three-quarters of the way melted.
- Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, toss in the toasted nuts and mix well.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, spread the mix and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or until it sets.
- Break into pieces and serve.
Makes 35 servings. Per 1/2 ounce serving:
Sodium: 15 mg
Sugar: 4 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 1 g
Carbohydrate: 5 g