This recipe sneaks protein and fiber into everybody’s favorite cookie. Your kids will love it and will never even guess that they’re made with chickpea puree!
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1 can chickpeas
1/2 cup almond butter (can also use cashew or peanut butter)
¼ cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips (use dark chocolate, 60% cacao)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place chickpeas, almond butter, honey, vanilla, salt and baking powder in a food processor or blender.
- Puree for two to three minutes, until smooth.
- Place mixture in a bowl, and stir in chocolate chips.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie onto baking sheets. Bake 25 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes and enjoy!
Makes about 1 dozen cookies.
Per serving (1 cookie):
Saturated fat: 0-0.5g