This perfect summer meal is quick to prepare, light but satisfying, and full of bright flavor.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
Thick-cut halibut and thinly sliced zucchini strips are the heart of this meal, and they grill up in a snap. The easy-to-make salsa verde adds flavor galore, with basil, parsley, garlic, lemon and green olives. Put this simple, yet deliciously sophisticated dish in your regular rotation, and you’ll see smile after smile at your dinner table.
- 6 pitted green olives, such as Castelvetrano
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium zucchini
- 4 4-ounce pieces halibut, or cod fillet, about 1-inch thick
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a food processor, pulse together the olives and garlic until finely chopped. Add the basil, parsley, oil, and lemon juice and pulse until it’s the consistency of pesto.
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Thinly slice the zucchini lengthwise (about 1/8 inch). Grill for 2 to 4 minutes per side until tender.
- Season the fish with the salt. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until opaque throughout.
- Serve the fish over the zucchini and top with the salsa verde.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 4 servings
Total fat: 13 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Protein: 27 g
Carbohydrate: 5 g
Dietary fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 3 g
Added sugar: 0 g
Cholesterol: 68 mg
Sodium: 189 mg
— Developed by Sara Quessenberry for Cleveland Clinic Wellness.