Stuff these baked potatoes with broccoli and cheese for a delicious side dish or a light lunch on its own or with a cup of soup. This recipe calls for skim milk and light cheddar cheese to keep fats low without sacrificing flavor. Only 90 calories per serving.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
6 medium Idaho potatoes
3 stalks broccoli
¼ C skim milk
½ C shredded light cheddar cheese
- Scrub potatoes. Make shallow slits around the middle, as if you were cutting the potatoes in half lengthwise. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 60 minutes until done, depending on size.
- Peel broccoli stems. Steam whole stalks until just tender, and chop finely.
- Carefully slice potatoes in half and scoop the insides into a bowl with the broccoli. Add milk, 3/8 cup cheese and pepper to taste. Mash together until mixture is pale green with dark green flecks.
- Heap into potato jackets, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Return to oven and heat through (about 15 minutes).
Nutritional information (per serving)
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Calories from fat: 9
Saturated fat: 0.5 g
Trans fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 40 mg
Total carbohydrate: 19 g
Dietary fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 4 g
Download this recipe card
Recipe provided by Wellness Institute executive chef and dietitians.