3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 (8-ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup egg substitute (or 2 egg whites)
1 tsp vanilla
1 (10-ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam or preserves
1 cup fresh raspberries, lightly crushed
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix butter, applesauce and graham cracker crumbs and press onto bottom of 13-by-9 inch pan; refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, egg, egg substitute (or egg whites) and vanilla; beat until well-blended.
4. Stir jam in jar until softened; spread evenly onto crust. Top jam with berries, then cream cheese mixture.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until slightly puffed.
6. Cool completely and chill for 3 hours before cutting into bars. Keep refrigerated.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 24 servings.
Protein: 3 g
Total fat: 6 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 25 mg
Total carbohydrate: 25 g
Sugar: 19 g
Dietary fiber: 0.6 g
Sodium: 169 mg
Potassium: 59 mg
Recipe courtesy of our pediatric dietitians