Recipe: Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Raspberry cheesecake that’s healthy? Try this recipe from our pediatric dietitians that tastes decadent but is actually low-fat.
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 (8-ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup egg substitute (or 2 egg whites)
1 tsp vanilla
1 (10-ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam or preserves
1 cup fresh raspberries, lightly crushed
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix butter, applesauce and graham cracker crumbs and press onto bottom of 13-by-9 inch pan; refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, egg, egg substitute (or egg whites) and vanilla; beat until well-blended.
4. Stir jam in jar until softened; spread evenly onto crust. Top jam with berries, then cream cheese mixture.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until slightly puffed.
6. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Keep refrigerated.
Makes 24 servings.
Protein: 3 g
Total fat: 6 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 25 mg
Total carbohydrate: 25 g
Sugar: 19 g
Dietary fiber: 0.6 g
Sodium: 169 mg
Potassium: 59 mg
Recipe courtesy of our pediatric dietitians