Rich in fiber and protein, these delicious snacks will leave you feeling full with just one bite. The dates and apple give you fiber, while the almonds offer protein. Perfect when you’re on the go or craving something sweet.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1 cup dates
¼ cup shredded apple
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1 cup almonds
½ cup shredded coconut, for rolling
- Soak the dates in water for 10 minutes to soften. Drain and add to a food processor.
- Add shredded apple and cinnamon and process until smooth.
- Add almonds and pulse a few times.
- Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes before forming into 16 bites. Roll each energy bite in desiccated coconut.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
Makes 16 servings. Each servings is 1 bite.
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Trans fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 12g