This delicious dessert is a classic, and easy to adjust to your taste with added nuts. A surprising ingredient? Greek plain yogurt, which helps the cookies stay moist.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup fat-free Greek plain yogurt
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups uncooked oats or rolled oats
1 cup dried raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, yogurt, oil, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Add in flour mixture to make blended dough.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes until lightly browned. Do not over bake.
- Slide cookies from parchment paper onto countertop to eat.
Makes 30 servings. Each serving is 1 cookie.
Total fat 1.5 g
Saturated fat 0 g
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 85 mg
Total Carbohydrate 17 g
Fiber 1 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 2 g
Recipe courtesy of Digestive Disease Health Team Dietitians