These tasty Indian-inspired chicken skewers are easy to make and each serving only contains 225 calories! Enjoy them grilled along with your favorite veggies or pair with a salad.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Soak eight skewers in water for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken or turkey, quinoa, scallions, parsley, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Gently stir together until everything is evenly distributed.
- To shape the mixture around the skewers, first evenly divide the mixture into eight portions. Place a portion in the palm of your hand and flatten it into about a 1/2-inch thick and 3-inch long oval patty. Place a skewer on top of the patty lengthwise and close your hand to evenly wrap the patty around the skewer. Shape so it’s about 3/4-inch thick. Repeat with the remaining skewers and chicken mixture.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Grill the skewers, turning half way through, for 7 to 8 minutes, until cooked through. Serve with lemon and sprinkle with dill.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 4 servings
Total fat 12.3 g
Saturated fat: 3.3 g
Protein: 22 g
Carbohydrate: 11.2 g
Dietary fiber: 2.7 g
Sugar: 0.5 g
Added sugar: 0 g
Cholesterol: 98.3 mg
Sodium: 215.7 mg