This luscious dessert is sure to make you smile. It’s easy to prepare, delightfully refreshing and nourishing for body and soul! Smooth and creamy panna cotta is perfectly suited to ripe and juicy summer strawberries, here with tangy lemon and aromatic mint.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
4 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon powdered gelatin
2 tablespoons cold water
1 pint strawberries, sliced
½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
10 leaves fresh mint, torn
- Use a finger to lightly coat 4 small ramekin dishes with oil to prevent panna cotta from sticking.
- Heat milk and sugar in a small saucepan at medium heat, and gently stir. Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of cold water into a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water, and let stand 2 minutes.
- Pour the very warm milk mixture over the gelatin. Stir until gelatin is entirely dissolved.
- Divide panna cotta mixture into prepared ramekins. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- To unmold, slide a sharp knife around the edge of each panna cotta and gently place onto individual plates.
- Combine sliced strawberries, lemon zest, lemon juice and torn mint in a medium bowl.
- Stir mixture gently to combine all ingredients, divide into four equal servings, and spoon over each panna cotta.
Don’t have small ramekins? Pour panna cotta mixture into small wine glasses or jam jars to set. Spoon strawberry mixture into glasses or jars once the panna cotta is firm.