This slaw is not only flavorful and delicious, but it boasts some super-healthy nutrients — including cruciferous vegetables, such as cabbage, broccoli and kale. This recipe is also low in calories but high in nutrients like fiber, heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, and vitamin C.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
Ingredients for the slaw
- ⅓ medium head green cabbage, thinly shredded
- ⅓ medium head red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 2-3 large sweet and tart apples such as Granny Smith, sliced very thinly
- ½ cup dried cranberries, dried cherries, or raisins
- ¾ cup pecans
Ingredients for the dressing
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp light cranberry juice
- ½ tsp clove
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Combine slaw ingredients.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, then add dressing to slaw, tossing gently.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Recipe makes about 12 servings.
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Trans fat 0g
Total carbohydrate 17g
Recipe courtesy of Digestive Disease Health Team Dietitians