Dark chocolate. Cherries. Brownies. Oh my! It can fulfill your chocolate cravings without expanding your waistline. In each satisfying serving, you’ll find only 110 calories and 6 grams of fat. What’s not to love?
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup granular no-calorie sweetener
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cherry preserves, sugar-free
1/3 cup water
5 tablespoons canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 large egg white
¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- Combine cherry preserves, water, and oil in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add preserves mixture to flour mixture; stir well. Add egg and egg white; stir until smooth. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 16 servings
Total fat: 6 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Protein: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Dietary fiber: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 150 mg
Sugars: 4 g