A delicious marinade loaded with spices is sure to pack your chicken with flavor right from the start (and decrease potentially carcinogenic heterocyclic amines, or HCAs)! Top these skewers off with a creamy and nutritious herb sauce and pair with corn or a simple salad.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
For the herb sauce:
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, plus more leaves for serving
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup 0% Greek yogurt
For the chicken:
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 radishes
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- For the herb sauce, cut the jalapeño and scallions into 1/2-inch pieces and put into a food processor. Add the cilantro, basil, lime juice and yogurt. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the chicken, slice the chicken lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Thread each strip onto a skewer. Place the skewers in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, paprika, cumin and salt. Pour over the chicken and toss to coat. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Grill the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Divide the herb sauce and chicken skewers among plates. Top with some extra cilantro and serve with sliced radishes and lime wedges.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 4 servings
Total fat: 6 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Protein: 22 g
Carbohydrate: 10 g
Dietary fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 3 g
Added sugar: 0 g
Cholesterol: 43 mg
Sodium: 272 mg