This heart-healthy side is perfect for a patio picnic! Grill the colorful, flavorful kabobs on skewers or cook them in foil. (To cook in foil, divide the vegetables in half, wrap, and grill for about 30 minutes or until tender.)
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
2 medium zucchini
2 medium yellow squash
2 red or green bell peppers, seeded
2 medium onions
16 cherry tomatoes
8 ounces mushrooms
2 medium ears corn
Nonstick cooking spray
½ cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon thyme
- Rinse all the vegetables. Cut zucchini, squash and bell peppers into 2-inch chunks. Cut red onions into wedges.
- Combine the cut vegetables with the tomatoes and mushrooms in a bowl.
- Cut the corn into 1-inch pieces and cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Add the cooked corn to the other vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, mustard, garlic and thyme for the sauce.
- Toss vegetables in the sauce, and thread vegetables onto 8 skewers. (If you use wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using.)
- Before starting the grill, spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Place the skewers on the grill over medium heat.
- Baste occasionally with extra sauce.
- Grill for 20 minutes or until tender.
Makes 8 servings
Total fat: 1g
Saturated fat: 0g
Total fiber: 0g
Source: National, Heart, Lung and Blood Institute’s Delicious Heart Healthy Latino Recipes