It’s important to watch your sugar intake with diabetes. This low-sugar dessert is perfect for that sweets craving!
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
1 package (4 serving size) vanilla instant sugar-free pudding
3/4 cup fat free (skim) milk
1 can (15 ounce) solid packed pumpkin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
3 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
4 ginger snap cookies, roughly crushed
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add pudding, milk, pumpkin and spices and beat on low; gradually increase to medium-high, beat for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping. Stop mixing midway through to allow sides of bowl to be scraped.
- To assemble each parfait, spoon ¼ cup of mousse into 6-ounce wine or dessert glasses. Spoon 2 tablespoons whipped topping on top of the mousse. Top with another 1/4 cup of mousse.
- Cover and place parfaits in the refrigerator. Chill 1 hour.
- Just prior to serving, top each glass with a dollop of whipped topping and 1 – 2 teaspoons gingersnap crumbs.
Total fat: 6g
Saturated fat: 3g
Dietary fiber: 2g