Roasting really brings out the flavor of vegetables – and it is so easy to do. Add to this the nutritional benefits: One cup of chopped broccoli provides 135 percent of your vitamin C for the day and 556 milligrams of potassium!
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
- 3-4 stalks of broccoli (about 21 ounces by weight)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon lower sodium seasoned salt
- Rinse the broccoli in cold water.
- Using a cutting board, cut about 3-4 inches off of the bottom stems. Slice each stalk of broccoli into four or more pieces and place on a cookie sheet.
- Spritz or drizzle the olive oil evenly over the broccoli. You can also put broccoli into a bowl, sprinkle on the oil and toss the broccoli gently to coat the oil evenly.
- Spread the broccoli evenly on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.
Serving size: 1/2 -1 cup
Makes 4 servings
Fat: 4 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
Sodium: 180 mg
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Sugars: 3 grams
Dietary fiber: 4 grams