Keep summer alive! These kid-friendly (but healthy) muffins combine just a hint of the best of s’mores — dark chocolate, marshmallow and grahams. Plus, they’re easy to make ahead on Sunday night for the week’s snack, or even breakfast.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
¼ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
5 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup soymilk
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
¼ cup graham crackers, broken into small pieces
¼ cup marshmallows, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, vanilla, soymilk, dark chocolate chips, graham cracker pieces and marshmallows, mixing well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients; don’t over mix.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
Makes 12 Muffins
Total fat: 2g
Saturated fat: 1g
Dietary fiber: 2g