Warm up with this hearty recipe that’s perfect for a cool weather day. It’s lower in fat and sodium and higher in fiber than traditional chili, with healthier sources of protein and fat.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 15-ounce cans navy beans
- 2 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans
- 4 cups frozen white corn, thawed
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chilies
- 1 15-ounce can fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3 ounces each), cubed
- Salsa (optional)
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil in skillet until transparent.
- Add chicken, and sauté until lightly browned.
- Turn chicken mixture into large pot, and add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with salsa and chopped cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 8 servings
Serving size = 1.5 cups
Fat: 7 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 37 mg
Carbohydrate: 69 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 31 g
Fiber: 13 g
Sodium: 596 mg
Potassium: 1,210 mg