Serve this savory dish with 100% whole wheat pita at your next party and watch how fast it disappears. The creamy consistency and appealing flavors make this the hit of any gathering.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
2 large eggplants (about 2 pounds)
½ cup tahini
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
6 tablespoons lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, crushed into a paste
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch cayenne pepper
- Place eggplant on baking sheet, prick and bake in a preheated oven at 450° Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until skin is browned and inside is soft.
- Cool, cut in half lengthwise, drain off excess liquid and loose seeds.
- Scoop out the pulp and place in food processor.
- Add remainder of ingredients and blend until smooth and well mixed.
- Garnish with additional chopped parsley and serve with 100% whole-grain pita or flat bread.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Makes 10 servings. Serving = ½ cup
Cholesterol 0 mg
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Sodium 240 mg
Carbohydrate 9 g
Protein 3 g
Fiber 4 g
Sugars 2 g