Do you have 80 calories to spare for a creamy chocolate dessert? This creative recipe calls for tofu, bananas and dark, bittersweet chocolate. Blend them all up into a sweet treat that can stave off your wildest chocolate cravings.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
12 oz. extra firm tofu
2 ripe bananas
2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
2 oz. 70 percent cocoa dark bittersweet chocolate
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon, 2 teaspoons agave nectar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place tofu in food processor and blend until creamy.
- Add bananas and process until smooth.
- In a saucepan, heat chocolate to melt. Add espresso powder.
- Add chocolate mixture to tofu along with remaining
ingredients and process in food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to individual dishes or a large bowl to serve.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition information (per ¼ cup serving)
Saturated Fat: 1.5g