These maple and vanilla sweetened cookies include simple, whole grains, such as oat and flaxseed. These cookies are healthy, delicious and naturally sweetened.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1 cup oats, old-fashioned rolled
2/3 cup bran oats
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
½ cup raisins
3 tablespoons maple syrup
½ cup oat milk (or other milk, as desired)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast oats until golden brown. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- While oats are toasting, put remaining ingredients in the above order in a medium bowl. Add toasted oats and mix well.
- Put 10-12 tablespoons of dough on a nonstick baking sheet and flatten with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until slightly golden on edges. Check often to prevent burning.
Each cookie contains:
Total fat 2g
Saturated fat 0g
Trans fat 0g
Dietary fiber 2g
From the book Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease by Caldwell Esselstyn, MD