This Turkish Cucumber Yogurt Dip is super quick to make and packs 250 milligrams of calcium into a half-cup serving. Try it with your favorite cut veggies or whole-wheat crackers or pita chips.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
- 3 cucumbers
- 2 cups plain, low or nonfat yogurt
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Whole-wheat crackers or pita chips, or veggies to serve
- Wash and peel the cucumbers, grate them and mix into the yogurt. Try using a thick yogurt, like Greek yogurt, to prevent the dip from becoming runny.
- Add garlic. Sprinkle with dill, parsley and mint, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with whole-wheat crackers or pita chips, or veggies.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 4 servings
1 serving = 1/2 cup
Total fat: 7 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Trans fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 45 mg
Total carbohydrate: 12 g
Dietary fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 9 g
Protein: 13 g