This satisfying and flavorful dish is full of healthy ingredients, including salmon, wheat fettuccine, olive oil and marinara sauce. Use red pepper flakes if you prefer a little spice.
3/4 pound skinless salmon fillet
½ pound whole wheat fettuccine
¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon anchovy paste
¼ cup dry white wine
One 14 ½ ounce can no-salt added diced tomatoes with juice
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
2 scallions, white parts and 3 inches of the green, finely chopped
- Cut the fish into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add the garlic and anchovy paste, and sauté for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in the wine, tomatoes, and pepper flakes, if using. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the scallions and fish. Cover the skillet and poach the fish for 2 minutes.
- Uncover and stir, making sure that the fish is cooked through.
- Drain the pasta well and toss it with the salmon marinara. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Dietary Fiber: 9g
Source: Cleveland Clinic Healthy Heart Lifestyle Guide and Cookbook (© 2007 Broadway Books)