Enjoy this fresh take on a classic summer dish. Chickpea pasta offers a chewy, protein-rich complement to seasonal cherry tomatoes, green beans and sweet corn. Topped with simple oregano vinaigrette, this salad is sure to be a hit at your next summer barbecue.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
4 ounces fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
8 ounces chickpea pasta shells
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 1 ear)
1/2 a red onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for about 3 minutes, or until just tender.
- Use a strainer to scoop out the beans and put into a bowl of ice water (to stop the cooking). Once cool, remove and pat dry.
- To the boiling water, add the pasta and cook according to the package directions. Drain into a colander and pass under cold running water to cool. Shake out excess water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, green beans, tomatoes, corn, onion and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad and toss well to combine. Serve.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 4 servings
Total fat: 11 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Protein: 16 g
Carbohydrate: 43 g
Dietary fiber: 11 g
Sugar: 11 g
Added sugar: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 271 mg