Enjoy this fresh take on a classic summer dish. Chickpea pasta offers a chewy, protein-rich compliment to seasonal cherry tomatoes, green beans, and sweet corn. Topped with simple oregano vinaigrette, this salad is sure to be a hit at your next summer barbecue.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
4 ounces fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces.
8 ounces chickpea pasta shells.
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered.
1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 1 ear).
1/2 of a red onion, finely chopped.
3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar.
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano.
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for about 3 minutes, or until just tender.
- Use a strainer to scoop out the beans and put into a bowl of ice water (to stop the cooking). Once cool, remove and pat dry.
- To the boiling water, add the pasta and cook according to the package directions. Drain into a colander and pass under cold running water to cool. Shake out excess water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, green beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the salad and toss well to combine. Serve.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Makes 4 servings
306 calories, 11 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 16 g protein, 43 g carbohydrate, 11 g dietary fiber, 11 g sugar, 0 g added sugar, 0 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium.