It’s fun and healthy to make pizza on the grill. It’s also quick and easy — and sure to be a family favorite. You can experiment with different vegetables and fruits on your grill this season for a healthy, tasty meals.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1 package prepared whole-wheat pizza crust (found in refrigerated section)
½ cup prepared pesto sauce
4 ounces soft, low-fat goat cheese, cut in small cubes
1 large ripe tomato, sliced thin
⅓ cup fresh or canned roasted red pepper, drained well and cut in thin strips
6 ounces precooked chicken breast, cut in small chunks
- Spray or brush grill grate with oil. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Brush or spray a cutting board or large pan with olive oil. Spread out pizza dough with oiled fingers into the desired crust shape.
- Prepare vegetables, chicken and cheese in small cups or bowls. Set aside.
- When you are ready to grill, put pizza dough on grill and cover.
- Cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes, or until the top begins to bubble and the bottom is lightly browned.
- Flip over and brush with pesto sauce.
- Working quickly, add the tomatoes, roasted red peppers and chicken. Dot with cheese.
- Cover and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Take off the heat and enjoy!
Nutritional information (per serving)
Makes 6 servings
Serving size: One slice
Protein: 24 g
Total fat: 12 g
Saturated fat: 5 g
Sodium: 540 mg
Calcium: 95 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 3 g
Potassium: 410 mg
Magnesium: 80 mg