This vibrant smoothie features spinach and kale — the cancer-fighting greens that keep you going — as well as sweet green grapes, a pear, orange and banana.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
- 1 cup cleaned spinach leaves, firmly packed
- 1 cup cleaned kale, roughly chopped, firmly packed
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- 1 Bartlett pear, cored, destemmed and seeds removed
- 1 orange, peeled, pith removed, quartered
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Process on low speed for 15 seconds.
- Increase to medium speed, then high speed.
- Process until well blended.
Nutritional information (per serving)
Makes 5 servings
Serving = 1 cup
Carbohydrate: 19 g
Sugar: 12 g
Fiber: 3 g
Saturated fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: 0 g
Sodium: 15 mg