Don’t save turkey for the holidays! This recipe proves that turkey is perfect — and perfectly tasty — all year round!
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons filtered water
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 6 ounces sliced roasted turkey breast
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pickling cucumber, thinly sliced
- 10 whole green olives, pitted and chopped
- Place the avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and black pepper in a food processor and process until very smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the water and continue processing until the dressing is thick and creamy.
- Divide the greens between two serving plates.
- Top with the turkey, red onion, cucumber and green olives.
- Drizzle the salad with the avocado dressing and serve.
*Store leftover turkey salad and the dressing separately in sealed glass containers, for up to three days in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 2 servings
Fat: 38 g
Saturated fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 46 mg
Fiber: 9 g
Protein: 25 g
Carbohydrate: 19 g
Sodium: 526 mg
— Recipe courtesy of Mark Hyman, MD.