Looking for a veggie appetizer with a zing? This recipe packs together protein and fiber with plenty of spice! Bring to a party, serve as a snack or use in place of croutons on a salad.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix (or you can use your own mix of cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes and pepper)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, toss beans and oil to coat evenly. Sprinkle on seasoning mix.
- Spread out in single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then shake the pan to reposition the beans and to brown evenly. Bake another 10 minutes until brown.
Nutritional information (per serving)
Makes 4 servings
Serving size = 1/4 cup
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrate: 17 g
Dietary fiber: 3 g
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 0 g
Trans fat: 0 g
Sugar: 2 g
Sodium: 460 mg